Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last Week of Summer

This week the boys asked if they could have some fabric for a project they were doing. Lizzy overheard this comment and was amazed that I had fabric. Everyday since then Lizzy has played with the fabric. She loves it!!!!



This week I was inspired to do some cooking. I think I just wanted to wear my cute apron my mother made me. I decided the donuts on the cover of Better Homes and Garden looked delicious.





They turned out pretty good for never making donuts before!!!! Truly, Fabric inspires us all to do wonderful things.




Well, it is the last week of summer. We start school Thursday!!! I guess I am ready for it but I could handle another 2 or 3 weeks of no schedule. This week we have been hanging out. I started painting Lizzy's room on Monday. The ceiling's painted (clear moon) and 3 out of the 4 walls are painted. It is Carnation Pink!!!! The other wall will be yellow and the trim white. Hopefully, I will have it done before the boys go back to school.
This week we have had lots of kids come over and play (seems like everyday), did a ceramic art project, played at Hollywood Beach, got ready for soccer and got the last of school supplies and hung out for two days because Henry and I have been sick.

2 comments:

smithfieldman said...

Yum! I love donuts!

darcy damstedt said...

What's not to love about fabric