Sunday, June 3, 2012

Life at the Shaw's

 Lizzy and I went to my parents house over Memorial Weekend.  Of-course I didn't take a lot of pictures.  But I did take two.  One of Lizzy on the airplane.  She was so excited to go on one.  She doesn't remember going on one before so it was good for her. 
 The other picture was in bed at Grandma's house. 
 We had a wonderful time there.  We went shopping and ate and then ate and shopped.  Since I have been home I have kept on eating but have stopped shopping.  I also was able to read a lot while there even though I didn't finish the book until I got home.  What a great book it was (Cutting for Stone).  Lizzy had a great time shopping and playing with Grandma and Grandpa.  Lizzy cannot stop talking about how Grandma and her made a cake and put strawberries not only on the top but on the inside.  Plus she got to eat it for breakfast. 
 Lizzy and I went walking on Saturday during soccer around the Peninsula College and found a beautiful patch of Lupines.  They grow wild here and are one of my favorite flowers.  So of-course I had to take a picture.  They smelled so good.
 Thomas and Henry did academy style soccer again this spring.  They had soccer games this Saturday.  It was really fun to watch them (as much as I could with Lizzy wanting attention).  They are getting much better and have really enjoyed playing this spring.

Later on in the day, we went to the Kids Marathon.  The kids kept track of all the miles they have run and walk for the past 2 months.  I am glad it is over.  Henry was very diligent and wore a pedometer most days and was able to track over 200 miles.  WOW!!!!  It was fun to run with Lizzy.  She sure is fast and I can't wait til she has some endurance then she will smoke us all. The boys has a wonderful time running and hanging out with Blake.
 
NOW, the countdown is on to the end of school and the beginning of summer. 
13 more days of school (not including weekends).

3 comments:

Lemon Family said...

I'm glad you got to go home. That's always fun!

smithfieldman said...

Can't wait for summer for you guys either!

darcy damstedt said...

I did make strawberry cake for Lizzy. We made it together.