Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Les Miserables

I finished the book finally. So now I am done with my 2009 goals which were doing a blog, reading Gone with the Wind and Les Miserables.
I really enjoyed reading this book and actually liked all the detailed. I actually was complaining at one point saying he didn't give me enough information.

I will not be as good as Andy giving a book detail but I will give you some of my favorite quotes

"He loved books, those undemanding but faithful friends"
"how can you hold back when you have a chance to do good?"
". . . half animal, half angelic, which is the quality of motherhood."
"I should find it hard to give up eating with silver" (got my new silverware because of it)
"The circumstances of happiness are not enough, there must also be peace of mind"
"If earthly eyes possessed this power of seeing into the hearts of another, we would judge men far more surely by their dreams than by their thoughts"

Anyway, though it was wonderful. I guess if you want to talk more about it give me a call.

2 comments:

smithfieldman said...

Maybe I'll read this book one day. Good job on getting your goals done!

darcy damstedt said...

Wow Jill, you did it. How fun, what's up for next year?