Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pyramid Mountain

Chris and I were able to go on a "date" while the kids went to the movies with their grandma and grandpa. It was a beautiful day yesterday. It actually felt warm (55 degrees, that is what I heard. Don't know if it is true). We decided to go hiking up Pyramid Mountain (which we did with Ben probably 9 or 10 years ago). It was a great hike without any stops except when I had to rest. It was nice to go on a long hike (7 miles) and not have to tell stories the whole time (Kids are great but it was really fun to hike without them)!!!!

This is not pyramid mountain. I think it is Aurora Peak which is on the other side of Pyramid Mountain with Lake Crescent in the middle of them
Not the best picture of me but I needed to prove I had once again made it to the top.
Lake Crescent and Lake Sutherland are in the background. It was pretty windy up at the top and the clouds were coming in so we didn't stay long.




I like this picture of Lake Crescent and just beyond the mountains is the Juan De Fuca Strait. You cannot see Victoria from this picture but it was fun to see the ships cruise on by and think you are so close to Canada.




Great picture of Chris.

This hike is a historical hike. The army had 13 lookouts during WWII to look for the enemy so the enemy couldn't come into Puget Sound without the USA knowing. This is one of three that are left.

I really like this hike. The trail is really nice without many rocks. We haven't done it in years because there was a major landslide. The National Park said they had the landslide fix and it was passable. Yea, kind-of. It was easier going there then coming back. Probably since I was tired coming back. There were some places on the landslide where there was no hard ground to stand on and at one point a big rock crumble from the mountain into my hands all the way down the landslide. I was glad I didn't have all my weight on it. Once Chris took my hand I felt safe and didn't worry (but he did. But that is his job.)

Anyway, won't do that hike for probably another 10 years or until they really, really fix the landslide area.

I love hiking and for Chris taking care of me!!!!

2 comments:

smithfieldman said...

Looks like a fun hike

darcy damstedt said...

That would be a fun hike. I'm glad you and Chris got to go alone